Friday, May 29, 2009

Here it is Friday already.

I kept my poinsettias alive all winter so I could plant them outside. I don't know what the flowers on the right are called, but they are a variety of hydrangea.
Leo and Tipper have been wreaking havoc on the flowerbeds by dragging their leashes through them. Allie's dog Leo below.

I wanted to blog on Wednesday after having such a productive day but I ran out of steam.. I did yoga in the morning, got recertified in CPR for two more years in the afternoon, made a visit, and went swimming. (40 laps). Thursday, I did yoga, made home visits for work and met the Mennonite girls who are going to help me with the cleaning and went to my writing class.
The home visit was with my client who has either Hodgkin's or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. ( I can't remember which) It is a little distressing to see her. She is just getting started with her treatment, losing her hair, feeling sick. Fortunately, which ever one she has is 90% curable. I am just afraid she will have trouble sticking with the course of treatment. She had so many barriers and lack of support. We showed each other different ways to tie head scarves. Her wig is named Meredith. Next visit we are going to take pictures together in our wigs. I can't imagine having an 18 month old and going through chemo. I was so fortunate to have such supportive family and friends who made sacrifices of their time and attention to help me through. You know who you are. Thanks again.
I had a bright moment at work today. One of my little ones who is now almost two has been developmentally delayed. I kept bringing them stuff: a rug, bouncer, blocks, booster to stimulate her development. She finally started to walk at 18 months. Today she was talking a blue streak. I couldn't believe it. I was doing the language assessment and she repeated every word I said. I've only had a few toddlers that were very good talkers since we started the program. They will graduate in 2 months and it gives me hope that she may do ok.
Tomorrow I am taking the boat to the lake by myself. One us had to fill in for the receptionist at Baby Preview and Marty volunteered. There is a race at the lake tomorrow and I didn't e\want to miss it. I have done every thing by myself with the boat except tow it behind the SUV, back it into the water and use the motor! Piece of cake right? An experienced sailor was looking to be crew, so I'll have a helper. I will let you know how it all works out.