Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Which do you want first? The good news or the bad news?

3 More days to The Relay for Life. Support me in Relay for Life

The bad news is they called me this morning with my MRI results.I knew it couldn't be good news because they never call you the next day with normal results.
They gave me an appointment right away to go over the results. The bad news is that there are two small (less than 1cm) nodules in the frontal lobe of my brain.
The good news is that I was going to have brain radiation done anyway. It starts tomorrow and will be for 15 days instead of 10 days. The really good news is that small cell cancer responds well to radiation. The radiologist was all chipper about the prognosis.
If I had to pick I'd be a radiation oncologist instead of a regular one. Fewer side effects.
The other bad news is that I had to cancel my trip with my friends Penny and Mary. We had planned to go to Mary's cabin in Promised Land State Park for 3 days mid-week. So I guess we will have to go to day camp instead of sleep over camp. It's kind of a shame because the treatment only takes half an hour every day. It just has to be done every day.